Canadian Psycho
After the recent break-up and everything that came with it, I'm only starting to notice that I have sociopathic tendencies. I'm wondering if there's anything that I actually care about as lately it feels like I just don't care about anything. Three years of being in a relationship filled with turmoil and I feel like I just ran out of capacity to care anymore, which is why I was asked to move out.
Things in general don't feel real, I have no motivation to do anything except for breathe and eat, and going to work is becoming a chore. My tasks take twice as long as I can't go more than fifteen minutes without checking my e-mail.
A lot of this is contributing to the overwhelming sense of shame and guilt that I just can't shake. No More Mr. Nice Guy and many others have largely recommended accepting who I am, but the concept of being a self-accepting sociopath isn't really sitting well with me.
Being a caring individual has been something I've been drilled in to be since day one and I'm looking back and feeling worse because all this time I have likely been faking all of it. How does one accept themselves with this knowledge?
If this all sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself, it maybe because I am.
Things in general don't feel real, I have no motivation to do anything except for breathe and eat, and going to work is becoming a chore. My tasks take twice as long as I can't go more than fifteen minutes without checking my e-mail.
A lot of this is contributing to the overwhelming sense of shame and guilt that I just can't shake. No More Mr. Nice Guy and many others have largely recommended accepting who I am, but the concept of being a self-accepting sociopath isn't really sitting well with me.
Being a caring individual has been something I've been drilled in to be since day one and I'm looking back and feeling worse because all this time I have likely been faking all of it. How does one accept themselves with this knowledge?
If this all sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself, it maybe because I am.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home