The Ritalin Diaries

A look inside the mind of an adult with a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) coupled with Asperger's Syndrome. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll kiss three hours goodbye.

Monday, February 19, 2007

You know I have no formal training, but I gave it my all and I have no regrets.

Okay, so it's been done.

So, that's one life-milestone out of the way. On the plus side, it was with someone very patient and understanding, who tells me that I'm a really good kisser, and is someone who I do believe genuinely cares about me.

But on the other hand, I'm still pretty frickin' confused as to what I'm supposed to be feeling at this point. I mean, I certainly wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing at this point (the first time is supposed to suck, seriously), and it's not supposed to be that big of a deal, right? But, it's not really that easy to disconnect like that either.

I really don't regret my decision at all, but I guess it's naive for me to want for things to be...I don't know..."perfect." We're both trying to minimize the damage as much as possible. But, as long as we're both honest, then we really have nothing to fear.

However, I've already given up on trying to deflect questions as to how those bruises got on my neck, especially since most people don't wear scarves indoors. Feigning innocence with a big ca-ca-eating grin on my face will probably tell them everything they need to know, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home