The Ritalin Diaries

A look inside the mind of an adult with a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) coupled with Asperger's Syndrome. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll kiss three hours goodbye.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Hate This Time of Year

I'm confused as to how my heart is supposed to work and how I'm supposed to feel. I met someone who very much seems to accept me for who I am (diagnoses and neuroses included), but I know I have to keep my distance for both our sakes for a lot of really complex reasons, which we've already discussed. Either it could go really, really well...or really, really badly. There is no middle ground, regardless of what either of us are feeling.

It's been said that attraction isn't a choice. They weren't kidding. Maybe it's the lack of experience, maybe it's the AS...I just don't know.

And I made a point of keeping this blog on a separate account, but now it's attached to my other accounts, which means that people that I'm not ready to tell about my "condition" have easy access. Oops.

Happy Valentine's Day.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey bunny-boy (and you know I mean that in the best way possible)...

    Chillax on it. You know this girl isn't about to let you get hurt, right? ...Not if it's within her power.

    If it's going well now... it will continue to do so, provided she doesn't do something stupid. :D

    *hugz* If she accepts you for you are... that's one of the best things you can ask for. You know that you'll never have to hide anything or be 'someone you're not'... which is a precious, rare beautiful thing. It'll be ok. Smile w/ those gorgeous pearlies... and yes... happy v-day.

    -D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home